As far as communications go, several technologies are invented every day. We have SMS, video conferencing, and even instant-messaging but none can undermine the importance of a phone system.
Every business must invest in a phone system that serves their business needs. It is vital to connect to customers, build partnerships, integrate, and scale. The easy part is discovering this importance of business phone systems and the hard part is choosing from the myriad of options available. This guide will help you through this daunting task.
Types of phone system
There are several types of phone systems but two major ones which are VoIP and PBX. There are others like a cloud system, virtual phone system, or landline.
A virtual phone system is just as the name implies. It is a virtual phone in that it connects calls to a main business phone number to remote employees with their home phones or mobile phones.
A landline and PBX usually work hand in hand because you need a PBX hardware to run a landline service. A PBX system helps users switch calls between users on local lines but at the same time shares a good number of external phone lines. The VoIP system uses the internet connection already in use by the company as opposed to copper wires like a landline. With a VoIP, remote workers can have access to the business phone system from their mobile device. Cloud-hosted systems eliminate the stress of maintenance or hardware.
What to consider
There are several factors to consider before you can choose a suitable business phone system. They include:
- Do you have a physical office or virtual office?
- What is your budget for a business phone system installation?
- Can you cope with the fees that often come with installing a business phone system?
- How many employees do you have?
- Do you plan on hiring more people?
- Who are the providers in your area? Which is best?
- Do you have phone lines ready in your office or would you need to drill holes to install them?
- Is the phone system you choose scalable?
- What is the functionality of the phone system?
There could be more considerations depending on the nature of your business and its needs.
Phone installation service
Installing your business phone system requires a professional for the best results and to avoid mistakes. However, an installation service is part of the crucial aspects of getting a business phone system and there are things to consider to get the best.
- Don’t choose the first service you see. Be sure to research the company and find out about their reputation. They should be reliable enough to provide a smooth installation service and also be available when you have questions or needs.
- How fast can they be with the installation? As a business, you need your installation done as quickly as possible. This doesn’t mean rushing the company you hire to complete the job in inadequate time. It just means the earlier the better and it is usually best to hire a private company that will take your needs seriously.